The VEG submitted a report as part of the implementation of the definitive VAT system. The main subjects tackled in this report are the following:
- The establishment of a common Certified Taxable Person (CTP) status applicable to all member States. It will be mandatory, notably in order to implement reverse charge mechanisms on “intra-community” acquisitions;
- The broadening of the one-stop shop in order to report “intra-community” business operations;
- The input of the deductible VAT as part of the one-stop shop;
- A common definition of the proof of transportation;
- The simplification of the consignment stock/deposit system;
- The implementation of the reverse charge with a solidarity for payment regarding intragroup transactions (later stage).
Even if this report has no binding force for member States, we should as of now underline the VAT Expert Group’s aspiration. This report should be read as preliminary, namely as offering new lines of thought to member States. Many questions, unanswered for the moment, shall be tackled beforehand.